Wendy owns and operates Portland’s premier doula agency Portland Doula Love. Portland Doula Love has 15 plus affiliated doulas. Portland Doula Love services hundreds of families each year through doula services, placenta services and classroom . The goal of Portland Doula Love is to provide professional doula services to families in the metro Portland area and make the doula career a viable career option.
As an approved DONA birth doula trainer and ICEA childbirth educator trainer, Wendy’s goal is to educate the next generation of doulas and childbirth educators. Wendy is also a DONA-certified doula, a certified lactation counselor and a certified educator of infant massage.
A passion for education, a passion for birth
She has a true passion for providing education to people who are, in turn, passionate about birth. Wendy believes that, when the laboring person and their support team (husband, wife, partner, mother, mother-in-law, etc.) have their needs met by a doula, their overall birth experience will be positive and empowering.
Wendy is committed to providing the highest quality, evidence-based education to the doulas she trains and mentors. She has had the honor of supporting hundreds of families as a certified birth and postpartum doula, certified childbirth educator, certified lactation counselor and placenta encapsulation specialist. She brings these years of experience into the class room.
Wendy has had the honor of studying under some of the most influential woman in birth, today. Some of her mentors have included Penny Simkin, Ina May Gaskin, Amy Gilliland and Ruth Ancheta. These woman have shaped and guided Wendy’s work as doula and safe birth advocate.
Wendys family recently participated in the Wonderful 4th Trimester Body Project! #bodylove
Wendy’s Other Offerings:
For Birth Professionals
- Birth Doula trainer with DONA International
- Childbirth Educator Trainer with ICEA
- Foundations of Lactation 101
- 1 year intensive mentorship for Doulas and Childbirth Educators
Certification, Training, & Education
- Associates of Science – Human Services
- DONA International Certified Birth Doula, CD(DONA)
- ICEA Certified Childbirth Educator, ICCE
- Certified Lactation Counselor – Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice, CLC
- Placenta Preparation Certification Course – Natural Healing Power of the Placenta
- DONA International Approved Birth Doula Trainer, BDT(DONA)
- ICEA Approved Trainer – Childbirth Education, IAT-CE
- Working with Diverse Populations in Maternal Child Health – Shafia Monroe of ICTC
- Maternal Child Health Specialist Program- JJ Method, MCH
- DONA International Postpartum Doula training
- Midwifery Assistant Workshop – The Farm Midwifery Center
- Birthing From Within Mentor and Doula Workshop
- Spinning Babies Workshop – Optimal Fetal Positioning
- Tens Unit Training – Big Belly Services
- Lactation Workshop for Healthcare Professionals – Luna Lactation
- Safe Passage: Supporting Survivors of Abuse through the transition to Parenting